Brad and Krista Harris Post author

Krista and I are delighted to welcome Patra 29 into our home. It is a pleasure to be involved in such a wonderful project. Art has been a big part of my life since my early teens and receiving and gifting art has always been special for me personally. Welcoming and introducing this special bowl into our home is a lightly held treasure. We are happy to introduce this patra to our art and to our friends physically and in concept.

Brad Harris

Starting in my mid teens I became interested in Northwest art and Asian influences in the art of the Pacific Northwest. I was also fortunate to begin to collect some local artists and have a chance to know several of them on a personal basis. At 15 I spent nearly three months living in Japan and traveling in that beautiful country. My friend Richard Kirsten was a major influence and mentor who helped me appreciate art and the beauty of Japan and the Pacific Northwest. Burning incense and appreciating the beauty in nature and art have always been special for me.

Brad Harris

I have had these roku jusu (six household Gods) since age 16. They are carved by a third generation carving family in Japan and have always guarded our hearth and home. Here is Patra #29 just hanging with the boys in the hood!
    Cheers Brad

Brad Harris

Krista brought #29 to the InterPlay class she led on Friday, March 21st. Using movement, song, and interactive play, participants explored the experiences of giving and receiving.

Brad Harris

On April 4th, Krista took #29 to her monthly women’s insight meditation breakfast gathering. The bowl was passed around the circle in stillness, leaving each person time to commune with the bowl. A verbal sharing about the embodied experience of giving and receiving followed the bowl’s being passed around the table. We women also talked about what blocks our hearts when we have difficulty giving and receiving. The energetic presence of #29 was appreciated by all.

Brad Harris

Sharing a wonderful hand off of #29 with Tim and Noble. We know that it will bring them much happiness and find a loving temporary home with them for sure!

Martha Ann Salt

This is the bowl I kept returning to when I viewed the exhibit Saturday. The bowl is in pieces stacked neatly on its stand. Viewing it I recalled a passage from the Gospel of Thomas – from the Gnostic tradition. I have been turning this little story around in my imagination for about 15 years now.

(96) Jesus said, “The kingdom of the father is like [a certain] woman who was carrying a [jar] full of meal. While she was walking [on the] road, still some distance from home, the handle of the jar broke and the meal emptied out behind her [on] the road. She did not realize it; she had noticed no accident. When she reached her house, she set the jar down and found it empty.”