Melissa Weinman

Alas, Patra 56 did not escape the send-off without a mark of remembrance. A small white chip flew into the bowl from its perch on the rim.

Melissa Weinman

I’ve repaired the wound, reattaching the fragment with glue and gold leaf. It reminds me that all my wounds, great or small are valuable. Most people won’t notice the wound, but those who do will find it beautiful.

Melissa Weinman

Patra 56 sits atop my studio baby grand piano. When I come to work in the morning I begin with an energy clearing by burning sage in my patra. It has become my smudging bowl, a sacred part of my day’s work.

Melissa Weinman

Although Patra 56 now belongs to another, I’ve attempted to capture its presence in an oil painting so that it lives with me still.

Janeth Trowbridge

Patra Vessel #56 for me represents life. We are invited to hold it, by its shape and texture as we are invited to hold our life, embrace it, the dark and the light of it. It can be broken but in the repairing of it gold is discovered and the break becomes the stronger. We all are part of the Alchemist experiment, in the burning in the refining. In the refining is found the gold. Here I see mysterious incised arrows and geometry suggesting plan, direction and intention that may be felt as haphazard and as journey toward wholeness, reminding me of the deeper truth. In this journey as I give gratitude I receive what I need for today. I anticipate with joy, sharing it with the next recipient to see what it brings forth.

BIRDS KNOW.

Janeth Trowbridge

An artist friend visited. He brought a gift of 5 letters. Here is where he placed them and in this order. Who knew? Did anyone else think of this in relationship to the vessel?

EPIPHANY

Elisabeth Archer

The way is unclear
    The water is murky,
    Deep sucking mud clinging to paralyze forward movement
    How? How to enjoy the squish of the mud oozing between toes?