Richard Treat

I feel some guilt at having held onto #99 for so long (it’s late December) but I’ve enjoyed interacting with it so much I find it difficult to send it off. It has moved around in my home but spent most of it’s time in the foyer where I passed by many times a day and was always drawn in by it’s innate beauty and the sense of awareness and thankfulness it invoked in me. I often cupped the bowl in my hands and felt a special connection with the artist who cupped it in her hands as she allowed her creative spirit to manifest: wormholes, galactic eruptions, rusty spores, language of the spheres, all in gold to copper to verdigris. On the podium, a Da Vinci
    kettledrum floating beyond strange language, pierced by an arrow maze pointing to mysteries yet to unfold…so much food for thought! How wonderful to be included in this project and to pass it along to another soul. Thank you Lynda!

Joan Rutkowski

Today, June 22nd , Bowl 99 was given to me by my dear friend. We celebrated this “passing on” at birthday’s celebration. Sweet bowl number 99 is in the middle of the “hub” of our home – where all the action takes place. We are new friends, longing to get to know one another.

patramimi

Yes, today the passage of patra 99 a wonderful opportunity to share a birthday with Joan and to hand it around the table for everyone to fill with spoken love messages. 99 has a wonderful place to rest for this time being in sunny Santa Barbara. This beautiful patra has found a place now for the third time with people whose lives have been dedicated to music. It was sublime to be able to share this moment with Joan and Geoff. Once again our families and lives intertwine with love and gratitude.

I can’t wait to hear about patra 99 in the coming days. Thank you, Lynda, for letting me be the vessel to pass 99 on to the Joan and Geoff Rutkowski.

Joan Rutkowski

Number 99 and I are getting to know each other. He has been all over the house, in every room, viewing activity. Perhaps today we will venture out into the world around us. Interesting how I am not nearly as afraid of handling him – he seems strong and robust – willing to go with me, do things, join me in engaging in activities. I’ll report how we do on our adventure today.

Joan Rutkowski

#99 and I went to an opera meeting – very briefly I spoke about Patra Passage and why he was with me. All part of “getting to know”.

Geoff Rutkowski

Sitting here, looking at #99: The rich amalgam of colors resonates as in an orchestral score. The gold morphs into the oxidized copper blue-green creating a musical passage just as the oboe passes the theme to the cello.

Patramimi

Beautiful Alex may need to have a ceremonial treat from the Patra… A blessing on Dog ‘s Day.
    Only good… xo

Geoffrey Rutkowski

I was passed from hand to hand, not as an orphan, but to share in the company of community. I enjoyed the conversation as one was an entrepreneur, one a developer and lastly one a patron of the arts. I heard them speak and I carry their energy, motivation and concerns for an ever changing world.

patramimi

…and what a lovely dinner it was; each person holding and admiring patra 099 as a solidly beautiful element marking our communion.

Joan Rutkowski

The time has come for our dear #99 to return home and on to a new life. Change is wonderful and after 4 months with us, this time has come. We returned to the home where we met, enjoyed a meal together and then he was covered with a grey silk blanket, boxed and tied with a red ribbon. This part of the journey is over. Now a new life will come having given so much to those of us who really care.

Joan Rutkowski

अलविदा, au revoir, Arrivederci, Auf Wiedersehn, Adiós, До свидания, להתראות, Ciao bello, it’s been wonderful.